When a family member dies, it’s a time of great suffering and sorrow – and, often, confusion over the appropriate steps to take next.
This is also one of the most important times in your life to turn to a lawyer.
At Harrow Legal, we pride ourselves every day on being caring and highly personal in our approach. But there’s no time we prove this more, than when we are supporting clients through estate-related litigation.
We can help remove the emotional issues and can calmly and compassionately help you untangle an estate’s web of assets.
Lives are complicated. Wills and estates can be complicated too.
We can help you regarding
- Contesting a will – In New South Wales, if you feel you may not have been treated fairly in a will, you can question its validity, and make an application under the Family Provision chapter of the Succession Act 2006.
- Being left out of a will – There are times when a person who would ordinarily stand to benefit from a will is excluded from the estate or is not given his or her fair share.
- An estate being distributed incorrectly or unfairly – Occasionally an estate can be distributed wrongly, and you miss out on assets that were intended to be distributed to you by your loved one.
We understand the sensitivities surrounding wills. Often disputes can arise at a time of grief and mourning for families. Emotions are often involved, and things can get heated. We can remove the emotion and help you focus on the steps you can take regarding a will. We will explain your situation in plain language rather than confusing legal jargon.
- Analyse your eligibility for a claim
- Give you a sense of how long the process will take, versus the time remaining to contest a will
- Advise on the potential for an award from your claim
- Discuss alternatives, such as mediation
You know that your loved one had your best interests in mind. Let us help ensure their wishes are carried out to the fullest, and that you gain the compensation that was intended for you.
To arrange a consultation to discuss a will or estate matter, contact us today.